Chemists Act 1975 and By-Laws
This Act applies throughout Malaysia and en-powers the Institute to carry out the following function:
- To determine the qualifications of persons for admission as members
- To provide for training, education, and examination by the Institute or any other body, of persons,
intending to be members and members practising or intending to practise the profession of chemistry
- To regulate the practice, by members, of the profession of chemistry in Malaysia;
- To promote the interests of the profession of chemistry in Malaysia; and
- To render such pecuniary or other assistance to members or their dependents as it thinks fit with a view
to protecting or promoting the welfare of members.
For the purpose of this Act, there shall be established a Council of the Institute consisting of:
Pleaseclick here for the full copy of the Chemists Act
- the Director General of Chemistry and thirteen members of the Institute;
- The President and Vice-President of the Institute shall be elected by the Council from among its members.